Welcome to the 2018-2019 McPherson Magnet School Year!
Celebrating our 20th Anniversary, the McPherson Education Foundation is embarking on our biggest STAR Mission ever from August 24 to September 7 and we need your help.
Our Goal this year is to raise funds to build a one-of-a-kind Outdoor Learning Lab for our kids and teachers to explore STEM projects and lessons that would be better suited outside. The lab will be available for all grades and provide a learning atmosphere that can expand beyond the typical classroom walls.
We have a three-step approach to STAR Mission this year:
- Our first step is increasing corporate business sponsors for our school and focusing efforts on grants. This is crucial in taking some of the financial burden off of our families directly.
- Our second step is the annual STAR Mission pledge drive. Although sponsors are nice, it isn’t able to get us there without your added support. STAR Mission is online this year and we’ve made it easier for you to reach out to friends and family at a rate and method that you can control. As always, prizes are available for students and families who actively support their school’s magnet initiatives.
- Finally, the third step will be an annual brick purchase event that will provide funds for continuous maintenance to ensure the classroom stays beautiful and relevant for your child’s entire experience at McPherson. More information on this in the months ahead.
STAR Mission Pledge Drive: Getting Started
Ready to get your fundraising efforts off to a strong start? Following these steps will have you earning donations and rewards in no time at all.
- Register your family and student(s) at the McPHERSON PLEDGE SITE, then click “Not Registered For This Year’s Event”
- Enter your name and email address, then click “Submit”. Follow the remaining instructions to register your student(s). Call 1-888-598-7510 for help with your pledge homepage.
- Send an email to at least 10 friends and family (yourself included) by 9:00 PM on Sunday, August 26, and your student(s) get a free snow cone at lunch on Tuesday, August 28 (K, Grade 6-8) or Thursday, August 30 (Grade 1-5)
- If you collect any cash or checks during the pledge drive (made out to McPherson Education Foundation), make sure to add those to your pledge record online. Then place them in an envelope with your student(s) name and teacher, and turn it in at the Foundation table on the morning of Friday, September 7.
- If you prefer to donate in smaller installments, you can pledge your donation online in the amounts of $50, $100, or $200 and select “Pay By Check” on the pledge panel. Once you have registered your donation pledge amount, visit our Donations page to setup your monthly recurring amount of $5, $10, or $20 per month for 10 months. This is great for those who prefer a regularly scheduled smaller amount to support their student(s), and it’s available at the same rate as Netflix plans!
- NOTE: Make sure your name and amounts match in both the pledge panel and the recurring monthly processing to ensure your student(s) get full credit for your contributions with their prizes.